RECAPPING STATE-WIDE NEW YORK ELECTIONS FROM NOV. 5
The Conservative Party has a lot to celebrate from this week’s local elections, as we explained in our press release issued on Nov. 6.
Here are some of the highlights we have singled out:
- Taking back the Town of Hempstead – the largest town in the United States with 800K people;
- Winning a civil court seat in Richmond County on the predominately Democratic North Shore;
- Flipping the town of Yorktown in Westchester County with 33 year- old Matt Slater a true rising star;
- A landslide victory for returning Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro against Governor Cuomo’s handpicked candidate;
- Flipping the Clinton County Legislature together with many other gains in the North Country;
- Taking back the City of Canandaigua;
- In Wayne County every single non-Judicial election was won by a candidate supported by the Wayne County Conservative Party;
- Our candidate George Scaringe is holding a lead in the Town of Colonie;
- In the Fourth Judicial District all 4 of our candidates won with the Conservative Party providing the margin of victory to Michael R. Cuevas;
- In the Town of Southhold (Putnam County) registered conservative, John P. O’Connor, was elected to the Town Board;
- In the Town of Gilboa (Schoharie County) registered conservative, Alicia Terry, was elected Town Supervisor;
- In Erie County, registered conservative Joseph Lorigio, was re-elected to the County Legislature where he serves as the Minority Leader;
- In Ulster County, Michael J. Kavanagh, is leading by 3 votes, due to the votes cast on the Conservative Party line.
Unfortunately, Monroe County Executive candidate Cheryl Dinolfo lost her race. She would have been a spectacular public official, but we did make gains in other races throughout Monroe County to somewhat off-set that unfortunate result.
We would like to thank Governor Andrew Cuomo and the out-of-control Democratic state legislature for rallying the people of New York against them, and sending voters in our direction!
MEDICAID PERIL IS ANOTHER STAIN ON CUOMO’S ALREADY TARNISHED LEGACY
The New York state government continues to come apart under Gov. Cuomo’s far-left stewardship, with Medicaid being in the red by the billions largely due to his fiscal recklessness.
The state is planning to kick the can down the road by allocating $2 billion in Medicaid spending for next year’s budget, but the only problem is they are still $3 billion in the red in the current year. Cuomo will have to cut at least $1.5 billion out of Medicaid by March for the program to remain afloat according to analysts.
Cuomo has finally mustered the courage to admit that Medicaid is in crisis mode, although he still severely downplays the severity of the crisis.
“We have a reduction in federal aid, we have an increase in the labor costs, we have an increase in coverage for the program — which is a good thing. They’re all good factors besides the reduction in federal aid, but it is gonna be a major financial issue for the state for next year,” the governor said.
Bill Hammond, who works as the health policy director of the Empire Center for Public Policy, puts the blame squarely on Cuomo for the crisis.
“It was Cuomo’s good idea, at the very beginning of his first term in 2011, to impose an inflation-based cap on Medicaid spending growth, bringing a modicum of fiscal discipline to the notoriously bloated program,” Hammond explained.
However, Cuomo eventually weakened his own policy which is what ended up leading to the crisis.
“Cuomo and the Legislature weakened the policy with carve-outs and loopholes. The biggest exemption applied to expenses from a major minimum-wage hike, to as high as $15 an hour. That is now costing Medicaid about $2 billion a year,” Hammond said.
“Medicaid is state government’s costliest program and most awesome responsibility. The millions who depend on it for care, and the taxpayers who foot the bill, deserve better from their chief executive in Albany,” Hammond concluded.
Unfortunately for New Yorkers, they will ultimately end up footing the bill for Cuomo’s jaw-dropping profligacy and incompetence.
PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS NOW APPOINTED 1/4TH OF ALL CIRCUIT COURT JUDGES
President Donald Trump has achieved an incredible milestone in his goal to make America great again. He has now appointed 25 percent of all circuit court judges who are currently serving on the bench.
“As of this afternoon, one in every four judges on the federal courts of appeals will have been nominated by [President] Trump and confirmed by us here in the Senate,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced in a Twitter post on Thursday.
“That’s 45 new lifetime appellate judges committed to the key principle that judges should apply our laws and the Constitution as they are actually written, not as the judge might personally wish they’d been written,” he added.
Trump made the announcement on Wednesday during an event at the White House that he had already appointed 150 federal judges and expects for that number to be as high as 182 within a couple months.
“In terms of I’d like to say quality and quantity we are going to be just about number one by the time we’re finished,” Trump said.
Conservative hard-liners in the Senate are proud of the President’s tremendous accomplishment and the lasting ramifications it will have on the nation.
“Few legacies will be longer lasting than this judicial one. These new judges are principled constitutionalists who have demonstrated excellence and professionalism throughout their legal careers,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) wrote in an op/ed on Wednesday.
Liberals are extremely angry about the progress that Trump has made.
“These judges are a way of advancing conservative political goals that cannot be achieved through the proper means,” said Sam Berger of the liberal Center for American Progress.
“Under Obama, they prevented him from appointing judges and when Trump became president, they changed the rules so they could rush through a number of ideological and in many cases unqualified judges to the bench,” Berger added.
“As a senator, I have now worked with four separate administrations, Democrat and Republican, on the appointment of federal judges,” Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said. “I can say with perfect confidence that over the last three years, President Trump has nominated — and Senate Republicans have approved — the most unqualified and radical nominees in my time in this body.”
Elections have consequences, and Trump is making great use of his time in the Oval Office by completely remaking the judiciary. This may be the most compelling reason of all for conservatives to pound the pavement and re-elect him as President next year.
– Whistleblower’s Attorney Cheered on ‘Coup’ Against President Trump in 2017: ‘We Will Get Rid of Him’
– Rand Paul blocks Senate push to protect Trump whistleblower
– NY Bail Reform Would Be Curbed Under GOP Proposals in State Legislature
– The Right Way to Talk About Rights
– Bill De Blasio Defends Plan to Give Accused Criminals Mets Tickets, Gift Cards to Show up to Court
– Liberal Policy Failures Are the Reason for Socialism’s New Appeal
– Congressman Lee Zeldin: Yovanovitch ‘Did Not Accurately Answer’ My Question Under Oath in Impeachment Inquiry