1. S5478 – Griffo/A 8044 – Dinowitz: CPNYS supports this agreement (making such provisions permanent) among the states to elect the president by national popular vote thereby making every state important and necessary in presidential campaigns.
2. S6403-D – Budget/A9003-D – Budget: CPNYS opposed this bill that contains Medicaid funding for abortions.
3. S6406-C – Budget/A9006-C – Budget: CPNYS opposed this bill that contains an increase in the minimum wage.
4. S6409-C Budget/A9009-C Budget: CPNYS supports this bill that contains certain specific tax cuts.
5. S6483-A Quart/A9042-A Savino: CPNYS supports this bill that clarifies the definition of certain knives to allow their possession when required for work purposes while upholding that certain knives continue to be very dangerous and are subject to section 265 of New York Penal Law.
6. S7485-B Golden/A10083-B Lentol: CPNYS opposes this bill that builds on the states’ money-losing subsidies for film and TV production by establishing the empire state music production credit and empire state digital gaming media production credit.
7. S7640-A Galvin/A10249-A Schimminger: CPNYS supports this bill that enacts the “charitable gaming act of 2016” that allows licensed charities additional means of advertising and additional payment methods.
8. S8114 DeFrancisco/A10706 – Rules: CPNYS supports this bill that requires state reimbursement to counties the full amount of expenditures for indigent legal services.
9. S8163 Croci/A10739-A Rules: CPNYS supports this bill that is the first passage of a Constitutional Amendment to provide for the
reduction or evocation of the public pension of a public officer.
10. S2295 – Griffo: CPNYS supports this bill that would mandate programs imposed on municipalities and school districts to be funded by the state.
11. S2720 – Griffo: CPNYS supports this bill that seeks to authorize the state board of parole to require a violent felony offender to serve their maximum term, if release would pose an imminent threat to society.
12. S3316 – Lanza: CPNYS supports this bill that seeks to exempt hospitals from the metropolitan commuter transportation mobility tax.
13. S4163 – Amedore: CPNYS supports this bill that would establish the crime of homicide by sale of opiate controlled substances.
14. S5507 – Robach: CPNYS supports this bill that seeks to establish an annual spending growth cap and increases the maximum capacity of the rainy day fund.
15. S5598 – Nozzolio: CPNYS supports this bill that seeks to establish a class D felony for the crime of inciting violence against a police officer.
16. S5947 – Marchione: CPNYS supports this bill that enhances the penalties for someone who renders assistance to a person who has
committed the crime of hindering prosecution and conspiring to do the same.
17. S6680 – Nozzolio: CPNYS supports this bill that seeks to increase criminal penalties for sexual contact between a minor and a person in a position of trust.
18. S6854 – LaValle: CPNYS supports this bill that provides that all members of the Board of Regents shall be elected by concurrent
resolution of the legislature on the second Tuesday of March. The resolution would require approval by a majority of members within
both houses of the Legislature.
19. S7336 – Felder: CPNYS supports this bill that establishes a prohibition of any tax, fee or local charge on carry out merchandise bags.
20. S8069 – Serino: CPNYS supports this concurrent resolution that proposes an amendment to the Constitution that would provide for
recall of elected officials.
The first 9 Bills passed both houses; the final 11 bills passed their own house only.