1. S5478 – Griffo/A 8044 – Dinowitz: CPNYS supports this agreement (making such provisions permanent) among the states to elect the president by national popular vote thereby making every state important and necessary in presidential campaigns.
2. S6403-D – Budget/A9003-D – Budget: CPNYS opposed this bill that contains Medicaid funding for abortions.
3. S6406-C – Budget/A9006-C – Budget: CPNYS opposed this bill that contains an increase in the minimum wage.
4. S6409-C Budget/A9009-C Budget: CPNYS supports this bill that contains certain specific tax cuts.
5. S6483-A Quart/A9042-A Savino: CPNYS supports this bill that clarifies the definition of certain knives to allow their possession when required for work purposes while upholding that certain knives continue to be very dangerous and are subject to section 265 of New York Penal Law.
6. S7485-B Golden/A10083-B Lentol: CPNYS opposes this bill that builds on the states’ money-losing subsidies for film and TV production by establishing the empire state music production credit and empire state digital gaming media production credit.
7. S7640-A Galvin/A10249-A Schimminger: CPNYS supports this bill that enacts the “charitable gaming act of 2016” that allows licensed charities additional means of advertising and additional payment methods.
8. S8114 DeFrancisco/A10706 Rules: CPNYS supports this bill that requires state reimbursement to counties the full amount of expenditures for indigent legal services.
9. S8163 Croci/A10739-A Rules: CPNYS supports this bill that is the first passage of a Constitutional Amendment to provide for the reduction or evocation of the public pension of a public officer.
10. A4737-A Rosenthal: CPNYS is opposed to this bill that seeks to implement the state policy of compensating state employees equally for work of equivalent value by eliminating wage inequality in job titles and position classifications.
11. A504 Cusick: CPNYS is opposed to amending the state Constitution to allow a person who will be 18 at the time of a presidential election to vote in the primary election if 17 at the time.
12. A1124-A Jaffee: CPNYS believes this bill is an unwarranted attack on businesses with strong religious beliefs that are protected by the First Amendment and therefore opposed the enactment of a bill that curbs those rights.
13. A3376 – Wright: CPNYS opposes this bill that seeks to included writer salaries and fees within production costs eligible for the empire state film production credit.
14. A4311-A – Peralta: CPNYS believes that citizenship has its privileges. We understand the necessity of education, however, providing scholarships and financial aid is an opportunity that must be reserved to those who live by our laws. We therefore opposed this bill that seeks to provide financial assistance to those who are not citizens of New York.
15. A4558-B – Gottfried: CPNYS is opposed to this Orwellian thought-crimes bill and strongly believes that when a person is discriminated against, there are current laws that those who harm others will be charged with.
16. A5062-A – Gottfried: CPNYS is opposed to the establishment of the New York Health Plan that seeks to establish a universal single payer health plan for all New Yorkers.
17. A5955-B – Rosenthal: CPNYS is opposed to this bill that seeks to ban the use of electronic cigarettes in certain indoor areas which is misguided, and clouds the important benefits of the devices to help people quit smoking.
18. A6937 – Titus: CPNYS is opposed to this bill that seeks to establish that paying different wages between employees on the basis of sex, race or national origin is discriminate and an unlawful employment practice.
19. A8580 – Gunther: CPNYS is opposed to this bill that seeks to require all acute care facilities and nursing homes to meet standards for appropriate staffing rations of nursing and unlicensed direct care staff. CPNYS is concerned for all patients but the cost of this proposal at a time when health care costs are already skyrocketing must be considered and a compromise must be worked out.
20. A10370 – Cusick: CPNYS is opposed to the Voter Enfranchisement Modernization Act of 2016 on the grounds of the great potential for fraud.
The first 9 Bills passed both houses; the final 11 bills passed their own house only.