(The first 12 Bills passed both Houses with Bill # 2 Double Rated; the last 12 bills passed the Assembly only)
1. S1184A – Maziarz / A7906 Sweeney: This bill requires that all heating oil sold within certain counties to be bioheating fuel. CPNYS
supports methods to reduce air pollution and seeks to reduce our dependency on foreign energy, but firmly believes that the free market should be the driving force in doing so, not government mandates, we therefore oppose this bill.
2. S 2230 – Klein / A2388 – Silver: This bill enacts the NY SAFE Act of 2013. CPNYS has double rated the bill that abridges’ a citizen’s
right to bear arms.
3. S2606D Budget / A3006D Budget: CPNYS opposes this budget bill that continues to use tax dollars to fund abortions.
4. S2604E Budget / A3004E Budget: CPNYS opposes this budget bill that continues spending at levels that force government to increase
taxes to a level unsustainable to New York’s citizens.
5. S3564A – Bonacic / A4810A- Abbate: This bill seeks to regulate the practice of “job order contracting” regarding public work projects. CPNYS opposes this bill that increases the cost of doing business in New York State and ultimately costs the taxpayers more.
6. S5069a – Skelos / A7188A – Paulin: CPNYS supports this bill that restricts parental rights of sexual perpetrators when a child is born as a result of sexual offenses.
7. S5082 – Young / A7405 – Wright: CPNYS opposes this bill that increases the bonding authority of the New York City housing
development corporation from $10,250,000,000 to $11, 250,000,000.
8. S5083 – Seward / A6855 – Silver: CPNYS supports this bill that prohibits investments in foreign states sponsoring terrorism.
9. S5844 – Rules / A8073 – Sweeney: This bill seeks to reorganize LIPA that is deeply in debt despite charging ratepayers some of the
highest rates in the nation. Unfortunately this reorganization does very little to protect the ratepayers as it keeps some of the most egregious problems (PILOT payments) in place. CPNYS opposes this bill.
10. S5883 – Bonacic / A810 – Pretlow: This bill gives a sweetheart deal to the Oneida Indians at the expense of taxpayers in the
surrounding counties. CPNYS opposes the bill.
11. S5898 – Bonacic / A8068 – Pretlow: CPNYS opposes the bill that allows for up to seven state owned casinos in New York State.
12. S5903 – Libous / A8113 – Silver: Government should not be in the business of deciding which business will win or fail and not create specific areas that are tax-free. CPNYS opposes this bill that carves out specific areas in New York State instead of cutting taxes across the board for all businesses and employees.
13. S283 – Larkin: CPNYS supports this bill that creates a new crime for cemetery desecration of a veteran cemetery plot, grave or burial
14. S383 – Diaz: CPNYS supports this bill that prohibits use of lottery funds for any purpose other than education and prohibits co-mingling with funds for other purposes.
15. S966 – Libous: CPNYS supports this bill that prohibits the sale or purchase of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products or lottery tickets
with public assistance benefits.
16. S1294 – Griffo: Unfunded mandates are decimating localities. CPNYS supports this bill that requires the state to pay any state
mandated program imposed on municipalities and school districts.
17. S1521 – Marcellino: CPNYS supports this legislation that seeks to remove perpetual repeat offenders by creating a new crime of
aggravated criminal conduct, a Class E felony.
18. S2142 – Lanza: CPNYS supports this bill that seeks to prohibit expenditure of state, local or public authority moneys relating to federal terrorism trials in the state of New York.
19. S2617A – Young: CPNYS supports this bill that seeks to create incentives for counties to investigate and prosecute Medicaid fraud by allowing them to keep 100% of the local share of any successful Medicaid fraud prosecution or settlement, or 10% of the total recovery, whichever is greater.
20. S3035 – DeFrancisco: CPNYS supports this bill that seeks to increase the estate tax threshold under applicable internal revenue code provisions.
21. S3770 – Robach: CPNYS supports this bill that seeks to cap the growth of state spending (no more than the average rate of inflation of the three previous calendar years) and increases the allowable reserve of the rainy day fund.
22. S5166 – Marchione: CPNYS supports this bill that seeks to start the process of repealing agency rules and regulations that impede
economic growth and job creation.
23. S5452 – Flanagan: CPNYS supports this bill that requires the state to pay down the “gap elimination adjustment” in three years to
provide much needed relief to all school districts.
24. S5879 – Lanza: CPNYS supports this legislation that seeks to strengthen New York’s laws prohibiting human trafficking by increasing penalties for trafficking and expand the scope of certain prostitution related crimes.