(The first 10 Bills passed both houses; the last 10 passed the Assembly only)
1. S.50002 – Budget /A. 40002-Budget (Passed Dec. 2011): CPNYS opposed this budget bill passed at the end of the calendar year
2011 that increased the top personal income tax rate for a net tax increase of $1.5 billion per year.
2. A.8668-A Silver/S.5917-A Skelos: CPNYS supports this bill that prohibits entities that invest in the Iranian energy sector from
receiving state contracts under most circumstances.
3. A.9053-E Budget/S. 6253-E Budget: CPNYS supports this Aid-to-Localities bill that kept the spending increase to 1.9% of FY 2012. In
all funds spending of $132.6 Billion actually had a decrease of 1% from FY 2012 levels.
4. A.9056-D Budget/S.6256-Budget: CPNYS opposes this bill that continues to fund abortions.
5. A.9059-Budget/S.6259-D Budget: CPNYS supports this budget revenue bill that did not include any new taxes.
6. A.9380-B DenDekker/S.7775 Golden: CPNYS supports this bill that authorizes the NYS Division of Homeland Security and
Emergency Services to establish and maintain a confidential database, based on information given voluntarily, that can help law
enforcement agencies after a crime has been committed.
7. A.9558-Rules/ S.6735 Rules: CPNYS supports the creation of Tier VI for new employees in state and local governments in the hope
of giving fiscal relief to taxpayers, local and state government.
8. A.10050-Lopez,V/S.6899-Young: CPNYS opposes this bill that increases the bonding authority to $17, 280,000,000 granted to the
NYS Housing Finance Agency. (The bonding authority has increased biennial basis since 2000.)
9. A.10623-Rules/S.7637-Lanza: CPNYS supports this bill, known as I-STOP, seeking to curb the diversion and abuse of prescription
10. A.10786 Rules/S.7792 Rules: CPNYS supports this bill that requires public disclosure of the new Annual Professional Performance Reviews (“APPRs”) of teachers and principals in order for parents to be better informed of the quality of education provided to their children.
11. RR # 31: CPNYS supports this proposed amendment that would end Medicaid (taxpayer) funding of abortions.
12. A.5039 Gottfired: The bill seeks to prohibit discrimination based on gender identity or expression. CPNYS believes that any
discrimination is wrong and that discrimination can be prosecuted under the many laws already enacted.
13. A.7347-B Gottfried: CPNYS opposes any bill that seeks to recognized marihuana as a medicine.
14. A.9148 Wright: CPNYS believes in the free market and firmly believes that business, not government, should determine the wages
paid to employees. Increasing the minimum wage makes it harder for small businesses to hire people for entry level positions.
15. A.2288 Wright: CPNYS opposes this bill that will hinder police investigations thereby putting the public at risk.
16. A.2593-A Lopez, V.: CPNYS firmly believes that the free market should determine the amount of rent increase allowed after a
vacancy; this bill would reduce the percentage currently allowed under the law.
17. 6130-A Wright: CPNYS opposes any bill that seeks to enforce pay equity by government mandated job comparisons.
18. A.10234 Sweeney: CPNYS believes this bill calling for a health impact assessment for hydraulic fracturing in New York is unnecessary at the present time due to other states successfully using this method to be more energy independent.
19. 1557-B Schimel: CPNYS opposes this costly mandate that requires semiautomatic pistols to be capable of microstamping
20. A.5346-A Sweeney: CPNYS opposes this bill that seeks to require the Department of Environmental Conservation to promulgate rules and regulations establishing limits on greenhouse gas emissions (many of which are naturally produced) that contribute to the unproven theory of global warming