The greatest foreign threat to American interests is the People’s Republic of China. Through misguided policies of successive American Administrations, Communist China has risen to become a dangerous force that threatens the United States, our Asian allies, and the entire world.
The prime objective of foreign policy is to prevent war. Following the advice of our first President, George Washington, the United States should avoid entangling alliances. The objectives of our allies are not always identical to our own. We believe all our alliances, including NATO, should be re-evaluated to see if they still serve our national interests.
We believe the United Nations and any international organization that does not uphold the values of freedom and genuine human rights, are failed experiments.
We applaud the Trump Administration policies that improved economic relations with Mexico, Canada, and other nations.
The Conservative Party Supports:
- Assisting Asian allies to form an alliance to combat Communist China. We should reaffirm our commitment to defend Taiwan, Communist China’s closest neighbor.
- Formally leaving and ending economic subsidies for all international organizations that work against America’s interest.
- Accelerated talks with the United Kingdom to conclude a post Brexit trade deal.
- Continued moral and economic support for Christians under attack in the Middle East and Africa.
- The United States vigorously announcing its support for oppressed people in Hong Kong, Iran, Venezuela and elsewhere who are endangering their lives by protesting for freedom.